What is Lipoma?
A lipoma is a medical condition in which excess growth of the fat cells between the skin and fibrous capsules happens. They usually develop slowly and are considered cancerous. Lipomas can occur in any part of the body, but some common locations are the neck, torso, upper arms, armpits, and upper thighs. If you are wondering what is the treatment for lipoma, before that, understand what is lipoma and its causes.
A lipoma is just an outgrowth of the skin due to the deposition of fat, and thus, it can be easily detected. People can have more than a single lipoma, and most lipomas are soft, harmless, and painless. However, if you have Lipoma in Nassau county, the professional doctors might prescribe you to remove them if they trouble you.
Causes of Lipoma
Some conditions in the body cause multiple lipomas to form in the body. Read more about Why Do People Get Lipomas in detail.
- Dercum’s disease: It is a rare disorder that causes painful lipomas to grow on arms, legs, and trunk.
- Gardner syndrome: It is a form of familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), which causes lipomas and other health problems.
- Hereditary multiple lipomatosis: It is also called multiple lipomatosis disorder, which is passed down through families.
- Madelung’s disease: This happens to men who drink alcohol excessively and causes lipomas to grow around the neck and shoulders.
What is the treatment for lipoma
In general cases, there is not much treatment required for lipoma. However, suppose it grows in size and becomes painful, then the doctors might refer you to under removal of lipoma in Nassau county as you will get some greater surgical consultations there.
- Surgical procedures like recurrence but scarring or bruising might occur during the procedure. The lipoma will most likely not grow back after the surgery.
- Liposuction: In this procedure, a needle and syringe are used to remove the fatty lump from the body, and it is an invasive procedure.
- Steroid Injections: Doctors might recommend steroid injections to reduce the lipoma size, but this will not eliminate lipoma from your body.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an herbal remedy that cures lipomas naturally. Curcumin is an active ingredient available in turmeric, which shrinks those fatty lumps formed on the skin. Just put it like a mask on the lipoma and clean it with a cloth.
- Sage: This plant is another herbal remedy to get rid of lipomas or to reduce them. Sage has a natural affinity to the fat cells and naturally dissolves that fatty tissue.